custom MMCX cable
because most cables for earbuds are very microphonic (vibrations in the cable transmit through the earbuds as noise)
plan: make a custom cable for earbuds
- Etymotic ER3XR IEMs are the ones that I like. They have MMCX connectors
- must make my own cable from connectors and wire, so that I can select the best, most flexible wire available
- use (or adapt) an existing ultra-thin cable
- maybe get a plug/jack connector pair, and just make a right-angle adapter for the etymotic earbuds?
- or maybe, MMCX to 2pin adapter? if that’s easier
- What does the impedance of a connector mean? and how is it relevant for audio applications?
what connectors to use?
options from mouser:
- straight (not right angle) ones, but they are much shorter overall, which might be nice
probably something like http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=7011